two

Search this blog

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Nethili Karuvadu Varuval/ Dry Anchovies Fry


Ingredients
Nethili Karuvadu/ Dry Anchovies( Cleaned and washed)-250gms
Red chilly powder-2tbsp
Turmeric powder-1tsp
Tamarind pulp-1tsp
Salt to taste( use very less salt as the dry fish is already salted and preserved)

Method
Make a smooth paste out of red chilly powder, turmeric powder, tamarind pulp, salt and little water. Add this paste to dry anchovies, mix well and allow to marinade for atleast 15 to 20 mins. Heat a wok, add 3 to 4 tbsp of oil. When hot add the marinated anchovies and fry till golden brown and crisp. Serve with steamed rice, sambar and rasam.

4 comments:

RV said...

This is the only dry fish that I can have.. It looks mouthwatering and feel like going back home.

Shriya said...

I have some dry fish sitting in my pantry, you are tempting me to make this recipe. I am drooling here.

Fathima said...

My favorite.... looks perfect...

Valarmathi Sanjeev said...

Wow....mouthwatering....looks very yummy.