two

Search this blog

Monday, October 12, 2009

Paruppu Podi/ Poondu( Garlic) Paruppu Podi.

Paruppu Podi/ Dal Powder

Ingredients
Pottu Kadalai/ Roasted gram-200gms
Milagai/ Whole Dry red chilly-25gms
Milagu/ Whole black pepper-50gms
Salt to taste

Method
Dry roast Milagai and Milagu seprately. Allow to cool and grind along with Pottu kadalai in mixer to a fine powder. Add salt to the powder and store in a air tight jar. Mix this dal powder to the hot steamed rice along with ghee or gingelly oil and serve. This dal powder can be stored for a month.

Poondu Paruppu Podi/ Garlic Dal Powder

To the above ingredients add 2 cloves of garlic while grinding. Add salt to the powder and store in a air tight jar. This dal powder can be stored for an week due to the moisture content.

14 comments:

Unknown said...

Great recipe!!!I love this podi...Wish u have with with rice..Yum Yum :)

Anonymous said...

மைத்ரேயி சூப்பர்பா..எனக்கு பருப்பு பொடி சாதம் , கீரை கூட்டு ரொம்ப பிடிக்கும்..ஆசைய கிளப்பிடீங்களே...சாப்பிட வரவா..


அன்புடன்,

அம்மு.

Anonymous said...

மைத்ரேயி சூப்பர்பா..எனக்கு பருப்பு பொடி சாதம் , கீரை கூட்டு ரொம்ப பிடிக்கும்..ஆசைய கிளப்பிடீங்களே...சாப்பிட வரவா..


அன்புடன்,

அம்மு.

Sandhya Hariharan said...

Lovely recipe.... of podi's....I remember having them at my neigbour's house in chennai!

Sushma Mallya said...

Very useful powder...must be delicious along with steamed hot rice

Rohini said...

It's raining Podis in your blog :)Loved reading all of them! Esp this dal powder is my fav...! Thanks for sharing it!!

Priya Suresh said...

I do prepare same as urs, sometimes i do add this podi to poriyals to change the taste, delicious podi Mythreyi..

chef and her kitchen said...

Simple n tasty powder with hot steaming rice n ghee

Anonymous said...

Da,
pls do accept a gift from my blog
dal podi is new to me...tnx for sharing.

Unknown said...

I also use Thoor dal and never tried with Pottu Kadalai, i am surely going to try your version out. Looks yumm.

Abhilash said...

Mythreyi have you started a grinding store... All the articles are filled with masalas...

I always purchase readymade masalas so these may not be useful for the readymade people like me...

Awaiting super recipes from you.

Anonymous said...

Dear Mye,

I love eating parrupu podi rice with ghee. My dad got me a small packet of paruppu podi which got over just this weekend. Loved the variation tip.Will try that. Thanks for your recipes :)

Anusha

Vijitha said...

Wow! they look awesome M. I enjoy them with steamy rice and hot-hot ghee.

I have an award for you. Do accept it.

Mythreyi Dilip said...

Thank you all for your encouraging comments.